Honestly, I'd rather spend $500 on new clothes & shoes than on the salon every 2-3 weeks. Learning how to do these things actually saved me a lot of money so I can have more for accessories, clothes, books & my hobbies.
In this post, I'll give you some tips + tricks, amazon links, and youtube videos so you can do it too! ♡
౨ৠgetting my nails done this is probably the easiest one to do! I actually learned how to do this a few weeks. I just keep my sets simple and they last me 2-3 weeks!
Here's what you'll need!1. Nail tips - If you want to make your nails longer than your natural nails, you'll need to extend them! my favorite: Nail tips from Amazon2. Nail adhesive - You have multiple options, either gel or nail glue. I use nail glue because it's easier to remove and cause less damage to my nail beds.
my favorite: Nail glue from Amazon
3. Nail drill - I mean, technically, you don't need it, but I like to use a drill so that cleaning up glue residue or removing my nails will be easier. my favorite: Nail drill from Amazon
4. Manicure kit - I use buffers, files, cuticle oils, cuticle trimmers, and nail cutters to prep and care for my nails
best value for beginners: Manicure Kit from Amazon
5. Nail Polish - I like to use gel polish because it lasts longer than regular polish.
my favorite: Dashing Diva from Walmart Dashing Diva from Walmart
6. Gel Lamp - If you're using any gel glue or gel polish, you will need to cure them!
my favorite: UV LED Lamp from Amazon
♡ you'll probably need more things but these are what I usually use! Most stores like Walmart, Target, or Beauty stores should have everything you need ♡
Here's where you'll learn:
I relied heavily on Tiktok and Youtube! There are so many beginner-friendly tutorials!my favorite: Gel X Nails for Beginners or Gel Nail Tutorial by Airi
How much I saved:
The local salon in my area charges $50-$60 for a simple manicure with gel polish, my nail tech used to charge $70-$100 + tips for a simple french tip or a set with some nail art. In each kit, I can do 3 manicures, so roughly, I save around $150-$300 + tips for 3 manicures! More money for clothes!
౨ৠgetting my lashes done
I'm a lash girl, through and through. But hunny, those prices are getting ridiculous! So here's a cheaper (and easier) way for you to still get your lashes done! My lashes, with good prep and aftercare, usually last me 2 weeks!
Here's what you'll need:
1. Lash Clusters - There are a lot of options online for lash clusters! There's some in Amazon, I also bought some from Tiktok shop before, and I know some people bought some from Shein! I try to avoid lash clusters from big stores like Walmart and Target because the price is too high for a small amount of clusters. I prefer to buy them in packs! my favorite: Lash Clusters from Alaishi or Peony by Kiss USA2. Lash Bond and Sealer - You need an adhesive and a sealer so it won't move easily! Tip: choose a waterproof one so even if you have an emotional breakdown, they won't fall! :p
my favorite: Bond and Seal by Falscara
♡ Make sure you do good enough research about which products you'll buy if you have sensitive eyes! ♡
3. Lash Curler Kit - You'll need tweezers, brushes, and tools to make sure they are placed properly. my favorite: Lash Curler Kit from Amazon
♡ you'll need items to prep and care for your lashes, you will have to do your research about these items to make sure that you won't get irritation from them! I use disposable mascara brushes for cleaning Mascara brushes from Amazon, Rinse bottle to rinse the soap Rinse Bottle from Amazon, and I use an oil-free lash soap!♡
Here's where you'll learn:These are my favorite videos for beginners!
How much I saved:
♡ Lash extensions in my area can cost around $150-$300 + tips, and lash fills are $50-$100 + tips, I save $160-$350 by doing 3 sets by myself!♡
Here's what you'll need!
my favorite: Nail glue from Amazon
3. Nail drill - I mean, technically, you don't need it, but I like to use a drill so that cleaning up glue residue or removing my nails will be easier.
4. Manicure kit - I use buffers, files, cuticle oils, cuticle trimmers, and nail cutters to prep and care for my nails
best value for beginners: Manicure Kit from Amazon
5. Nail Polish - I like to use gel polish because it lasts longer than regular polish.
my favorite: Dashing Diva from Walmart Dashing Diva from Walmart
6. Gel Lamp - If you're using any gel glue or gel polish, you will need to cure them!
my favorite: UV LED Lamp from Amazon
♡ you'll probably need more things but these are what I usually use! Most stores like Walmart, Target, or Beauty stores should have everything you need ♡
Here's where you'll learn:
I relied heavily on Tiktok and Youtube! There are so many beginner-friendly tutorials!
The local salon in my area charges $50-$60 for a simple manicure with gel polish, my nail tech used to charge $70-$100 + tips for a simple french tip or a set with some nail art. In each kit, I can do 3 manicures, so roughly, I save around $150-$300 + tips for 3 manicures! More money for clothes!
౨ৠgetting my lashes done
I'm a lash girl, through and through. But hunny, those prices are getting ridiculous! So here's a cheaper (and easier) way for you to still get your lashes done! My lashes, with good prep and aftercare, usually last me 2 weeks!
1. Lash Clusters - There are a lot of options online for lash clusters! There's some in Amazon, I also bought some from Tiktok shop before, and I know some people bought some from Shein! I try to avoid lash clusters from big stores like Walmart and Target because the price is too high for a small amount of clusters. I prefer to buy them in packs!
my favorite: Bond and Seal by Falscara
♡ Make sure you do good enough research about which products you'll buy if you have sensitive eyes! ♡
3. Lash Curler Kit - You'll need tweezers, brushes, and tools to make sure they are placed properly.
♡ you'll need items to prep and care for your lashes, you will have to do your research about these items to make sure that you won't get irritation from them! I use disposable mascara brushes for cleaning Mascara brushes from Amazon, Rinse bottle to rinse the soap Rinse Bottle from Amazon, and I use an oil-free lash soap!♡
♡ Lash extensions in my area can cost around $150-$300 + tips, and lash fills are $50-$100 + tips, I save $160-$350 by doing 3 sets by myself!♡
౨ৠgetting facials
I actually like getting facials! Back then, my facials were scheduled monthly, my facials were $200 every month, that's $2,400 every year. Nowadays, I still get facials, but I only get it professionally done twice a year, every other month, I do it on my own!
I actually like getting facials! Back then, my facials were scheduled monthly, my facials were $200 every month, that's $2,400 every year. Nowadays, I still get facials, but I only get it professionally done twice a year, every other month, I do it on my own!
Here's what you'll need for a basic, beginner-friendly facial, excluding derma planing, extractions, chemical peels, and micro-needing:
1. Gentle cleanser - to remove dirt, oil, and start prepping for your facial.
1. Gentle cleanser - to remove dirt, oil, and start prepping for your facial.
What I use: Cleansing Duo by Anua
2. Exfoliator - either a gentle chemical exfoliant or a mild physical exfoliant.
What I use: Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfloliant
3. Facial Mask - to support the barrier of your skin, you need to use a mask that specifically target your needs
For clarifying: I use The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque
For hydrating, I use Hydrogel Face Mask by Biodance
For soothing, I use Jelly Gel by Medicube
For hydrating, I use Hydrogel Face Mask by Biodance
For soothing, I use Jelly Gel by Medicube
4. Toner or essence - For prepping your skin and providing hydration
What I use: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner
5. Serum - Extra hydration, also helps for soothing, sensitive skin, and dryness. Use what targets your needs.
For hydration, I use The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (with Ceramides)
For smoothing, I use The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
For redness, I use The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum
For under my eyes, I use The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
For acne, I use The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2%
(Yes, I love the brand!!)
For smoothing, I use The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
For redness, I use The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum
For under my eyes, I use The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
For acne, I use The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2%
(Yes, I love the brand!!)
5. Moisturizer - Seal all your work in with a moisturizer!
What I use: Nivea Creme
6. SPF - This is important especially if you exfoliated!
6. SPF - This is important especially if you exfoliated!
Skin care is very important and it is not one-size-fits-all, you need to get the proper information so you can avoid irritating your skin! For more information, I would recommend this:
Skincare Basics Easy Morning and Night Routine by Dr. Alexis Stephen
Skincare Basics Easy Morning and Night Routine by Dr. Alexis Stephen
౨ৠothers: coffee runs, sweet treats, excessive spending
Oh god, I am really horrible with spending my money on Starbucks and Boba runs, sweet and snack treats, and my strange addiction with Facebook Marketplace.
Back then, I would go to Starbucks every morning to pick up my frappuccino (info on my order soon :p), then at night again on my way home from work. My coffee runs totaled to $20 every day. On top of that, I get Boba on times I want, I indulged in sweets, and I spend money on random things, Everyday, I used to spend $50-$100.
Now, I limited my coffee and boba runs to one each day, both for my health and the health of my wallet. I also stopped spending so much money on buying extra makeup, hot chips and random stuff from Facebook Marketplace. Limiting my spending helped me grow my savings account, and also gave me more breathing room to buy as many clothes as I wanted! :p
K bye, I got some miss-me jeans to buy!!
Indira ♡
K bye, I got some miss-me jeans to buy!!
Indira ♡

oh em gee girly your blog is literally so adorable!! i found u on a comment on tt. you're fr so creative im so jelly π im following and def keeping notifs on for ur posts. im glazing so hard but this is too cute not to.
ReplyDeleteso real, i saw this girl saying she needs a girlfriend group where everyone learns to do something diva. And they just do it for each other. (like hair/nails/tailoring clothes/waxing...etc.)
ReplyDelete